Friday, March 25, 2011

Meat Head

I had the chance to dine at the corner of 12th and G yesterday afternoon when my coworker excitedly announced that the Meat Head Mobile Eatery had just twatted their location as being around the corner from our office.

It was nice to get outside of the Five Guys, PotBelly, Chop't, Mei Wah, Devon & Blakely, Cosi, Moe's routine that we have fallen into here on F Street. Meat Head offers simple, meat packed sandwiches at middle of the road prices. Unfortunately, we were two of the last customers of the day at 1:15pm and the truck had run out of chicken. Given that there are only three options on the menu, I settled for a MooMoo. The MooMoo isn't much more than a steak and cheese with some lettuce, fried onions, and chopped tomoatoes on top. By the time I had returned to the office, the sandwich was luke warm and a little dry. I give the food a 6/10.

The service, on the other hand, was excellent. The guy in the front seat of the truck taking orders gave me a free bag of chips and made a number of inappropriate sarcastic remarks to the needy woman that was in front of me in line. I like that... a lot.. and give the overall experience a 7.5/10. I recommend you go for the food, but stay for the service.

-CC

No comments:

Post a Comment